Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ancient Vase

Source
The project that was the biggest challenge for me was the ancient vase because we had to model it from a previously made vase. We got to choose the vase, but there was no artistic freedom on it's shape or color. To solve this problem I could've found a vase that portrayed my personality or I could've chosen something that would push my limits on either building or painting. I also could have made my own changes regardless of what the original vase was. I ended up choosing a vase that I knew would be difficult to paint, in order to show off my skills. If I could do this again I would take more time glazing it because the problem I see with it is that there aren't enough coats of paint. I felt a mixture of disappointment and relief when I saw the finished product. I felt disappointed because of the bad paint-job, but relieved at the fact that it was over because while painting it, I think it actually gave me an ulcer, it was so stressful. In my opinion, I think it was a major failure success.


No comments:

Post a Comment